On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > [Ultimately, I'm doing this under Cygwin,

You are aware of the fact, that an executable packed on Cygwin will
NOT work on a machine without a minimal Cygwin environment?

but... when the 'service' is stopped, its srvany that gets signaled
> and not mintty let alone myapp.  But that's another hurdle I have
> yet to surmount.]

Note that on Windows (or any OS when you use "pp --clean ...") the pid
of the running packed executable (as reported by the OS) and
that of the actual perl process (as reported by $$ in perl) are DIFFERENT.

Cheers, Roderich