Hi Magnus,

I don't know much about getting ParaView to work in the client-server mode
you describe and less about the Unreal engine, but if you are willing to
sacrifice a little bit of rendering speed would be to build VTK with OSMesa
and let it do software rendering rather than requiring a hardware context
(which it can't seem to get due to some interference with Unreal).  I just
thought I would point out the option, you can try it and decide if you
think the rendering speed hit is too much.

HTH,
Shawn