That's a temporary workaround. It won't be a good approach for large
datasets as frustum selection has the potential of selecting a large
number of elements. Since for ID based selections, each ID has to be
explicitly listed in the proxy state (so that it gets saved in state
files, python scripts etc.), it not intended to contain a large number
of values.