Matthew, could This be the reason when I tried to make a disc at once CD with easy cd 
creator, I was missing most of the first track on the disc, and the rest of the tracks 
were out of synch, starting in the middle of the songs? I broke down a Frank Sinatra 
DVD and converted the tracks to mp3. would it help to if I slowed down the write speed 
of the burner? it was  at 40 X.



-- "Matthew Bullis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Hank. In the lossless audio community of traders, not only does mp3
music suffer quality loss, which personally I can't hear, but you will
always get little gaps between tracks which have been made from mp3's, even
if you reconvert the mp3's back into .wav files. For some technical reason,
mp3's lose tracking boundries. If you want a seamless transition such as for
a live cd, you'll need to use .wav files sources to start with. For
instance, if you've just finished putting an album or tape onto your hard
drive, and you want the music to flow smoothly, you'll need to keep the .wav
files around to burn them smoothly from then on. Once you convert to mp3 and
use these mp3 files, the transition is no longer smooth.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew

Tired of Hotmail? Try Runbox. 100 megs of storage at a reasonable price.
http://1362.runbox.com
Please use this link as your referral.


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to