Hello list.
I know that this subject is on and off from this list for some time now.
I am on the market for a hard disk based player myself and I have some
questions.
Iriver has discontinued the h340 and is now very hard to find. Since
rockbox only works for out of date players at this point, I will buy
something that is more current and I will have to put up with the
difficulties we all have when accessing something with out speech,
remembering menus, count key strokes etc. Is the iriver h10 20 gb
version reasonably usable? There is a touchpad as I understand from the
description. Can we use that thing? Can we go up and down the menus or
file folders accurately?
Do we need special software to transfer files or it is as with the h340
accessible with windows explorer?
I am also thinking about ipod 60 gb version. I think however that this
unit does not have any line in or fm tuner.  Is the ipod accessible as
above? It appears that it has a click weel. Can you locate files if you
know where they are? Can you transfer files back and forth easily?
Do you have to edit mp3 tags for all this to make sence?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Nektarios.