Thanks a lot man. That was a big help. And no, I will not buy Sound
Forge. Too expensive. This program blows me away. It is 100 percent
accessible looking at it, and it seems faster than the batch
processing feature in Gold Wave, which has taken 20 minutes to convert
a file! My files won't work in demo mode because they are longer than
90 seconds, but I am definitely going to buy this program.  It is
worth the money imo.

On 9/15/06, Dean Martineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A cheaper way to go, unless you already planned to buy Sound Forge,
> is to investigate Replay Converter
>
> http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/index.php
>

> Dean
> At 09:58 PM 9/14/2006, you wrote:
> >I am trying to find a way to get old Prairie Home Companion sound
> >clips of Emily Shackleton that were made in 1996 into mp3 format. They
> >are Reel Audio files with a .ra extension. Gold Wave doesn't even
> >recognize that the files are there. I am not going to buy Sound Forge
> >as I am already a Gold Wave enthusiast. Is there either a plug-in for
> >Gold Wave or a separate program I can use to convert Reel files to mp3
> >files? And also, how accessible is the program if there is one?
> >Thanks.
> >
> >--
> >John Moore

> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other
> >lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

John Moore