I think it all depends on your system. I remember
on my last system before this one, when I would
listen tto a live album, or any other album where
there was no gap between tracks on a cd, Winamp
would stop for aquick second, switch tracks and
continue. It was really annoying. On my current
system and in later versions of Winamp this seems
to have been fixed and it's acting much better
than it was. so it may be worth upgrading to the
latest version of Winamp to see how it goes for you.