DJ, you wrote:

> I have a portable stereo that uses 8 D batteries.
> Are they making their rechargeables in this sise?

Quite a few battery manufacturers now produce rechargeables, which
discharge much slower than earlier ones. Sanyo were the first, their
slow dischargers are called Eneloop. Uniross's are called Hybrio,
Ansmann's MaxE and so on. As much as I know, these batteries are only
manufactured in AA and AAA size, but there are adapters, so that one
can also use them in devices, which require D cells for instance.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>