Hi David,

         When I first replied to this question from David, I didn't
know how to achieve making sam output come out of a separate sound
card from the software speech.  Well, now I do know!

         Just press alt-f to get into the file menu, and press enter
on config.  Then right arrow once and use your screen reader's find
function to fin the word air.  I use window-eyes for this, so I press
control-shift-f, type air and press enter, and my mouse lands on
airout.  Mine says airout, click to configure.  I press the left
click button, and then I can choose the device I wish to use for the
sam output.

         I have communicated with sam support via e-mail and did
receive a reply.  Paul asked which screen reader I used and mentioned
that window-eyes was the best for this program.  He gave me a number
to call to speak with him directly, so I'll speak with him this
afternoon and get more of my sam questions answered, like how to load
and play a playlist, and how to add new music to the database.  I'll
pass that info on if anyone's interested.

Later,

Rusty