On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 05:27:30 -0400, you wrote:

>In your
>explanation below, you say to add a new category?  What if the music
>is all, say, country or rock.  You, assumably, have the rest of that
>type music in the appropriate categories, so I didn't understand your
>advice re: creating a new one.

If you already have the category for the kind of music files you want
to add, then, of course, you don't have to create one.  That kinda
sorta should go without saying.

>         I assume that if your music is properly tagged, when it gets
>loaded into the database it goes into the appropriate
>category.

Your assumption is incorrect.  The only fields from MP3 tags that are
used when files are imported are artist, title, album and year.
However, the other information is stored but not indexed. You can
search for it, but it is not related to the category as defined by
SAM. Import a bunch of files, then go searching and see what I mean.