What is Sam?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of russell Bourgoin
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:28 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: some sam discoveries

Hi Steve,

         I never did speak with paul as I got company and the time flew by.
I did figure out how to adde new music, though.  In your explanation below,
you say to add a new category?  What if the music is all, say, country or
rock.  You, assumably, have the rest of that type music in the appropriate
categories, so I didn't understand your advice re: creating a new one.
         I ran the windows automatic graphics labeling program and, only one
new thing emerged.  When on tracks, a right arrow renders new folder 1.
When you right click, or applications key or shift f10, a context menus
comes up.  One of the choices is add.  When it is activated, you then get a
choice of adding a file or a directory.  Just press enter on your choice and
an explorer tree view comes up to find the new material.  Press enter on it
and it gets imported.

         When I went into program files, spacial audio, and then sam, I
found a m3u playlist called first time.  Its what plays the files and
announcements when you first run the program.  So, I'll be a real happy
camper when I can figure out how to load and play a predesigned playlist,
like, say smooth jazz for dinner music, etc.
         I assume that if your music is properly tagged, when it gets loaded
into the database it goes into the appropriate category.  Problem is, not
all music is properly tagged!  Well, I'll try to further explore the
category scheme and its usefulness.  Mostly, though, I set up preset picked
playlists to match the occasion and encourage requests.

Thanks,
Rusty

>On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:44:18 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >         I have communicated with sam support via e-mail and did
> >receive a reply.  Paul asked which screen reader I used and mentioned
> >that window-eyes was the best for this program.  He gave me a number
> >to call to speak with him directly, so I'll speak with him this
> >afternoon and get more of my sam questions answered, like how to load
> >and play a playlist, and how to add new music to the database.  I'll
> >pass that info on if anyone's interested.
>
>Paul is excellent, and, to be honest, Spacial's only blind customer
>support person, and the "blind" part is associated with customer and
>support agent both!
>
>I thought I wrote and explained how to add music tracks to the
>database.  If not, here it is again, but a little abbreviated in case
>it's a rerun.
>
>1. Create a new category by right-clicking on any top-level category
>and choosing "New category" from the menu.
>
>2.  Select that category (highlight it by moving through the list of
>categories until the one you want speaks its name).
>
>3. Add folders where your music is stored by pressing CTRL/D.
>
>That's really all there is to it.
>
>For other category options, place the mouse cursor on the category name
>and right-click it, then select from the resultant menu.
>

>Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>http://www.pc-audio.org

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>http://www.eset.com

       "For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life."  (William
Blake)

Check out my site at:
http://www.thesoundzone.com