Ah, I don't have the URL for foobar2000 squirled away, but I didn't even have to resort to Google. I just tried foobar2000.com in Firefox and it came right up.

I bring foobar2000 up from time to time, but I haven't switched over to it completely yet, so others may have more to say about it than me. I also find that it does more than I realize every time I see it discussed on different mailing lists.

First, it's quite a bit smaller than Winamp, making it come up a lot quicker. It also has a portable version, so you could run it off of a flash drive or even just have multiple copies installed, each with different libraries.

It allows you to set your own hot keys. This makes it more flexible, but it doesn't come with many default keys set, so you'll have to set up your initial set of hot keys. If you're used to Winamp with JFW and the hot keys that you get with this combination then it'll be a bit tedious recreating the hot keys you've become used to, but once you've done that, you can keep going and set up more hot keys or tweak the ones you have set up.

the library is also completely accessible with JFW. It's a bit simpler and doesn't have all of the internet and remote media options that Winamp does, but if you just want to use it to manage your local library, it'll be quicker and easier than Winamp. It doesn't allow you to manage a portable media player either.

Don't take any of the limitations I've mentioned too seriously. Foobar2000 is being updated all of the time, and I'm not intimate with all of it's features. The absolute best thing to do would be to download it and give it a try yourself.

Curtis Delzer wrote:
Let me know where to download? Please?
Also, since I am, like you were, a winamp user so, how if foobar2000 that much better? Library? etc.

Curtis Delzer.
HS