Hello, if you're dealing with concerts on your hard drive, especially with
lossless cd trading, this is a problem that recievers of your discs will
thank you for correcting. Depending on how the resultant .wav files are cut,
the editing program may not respect the cd track boundaries, as far as how
they're made. This is what causes the barely-perceptible split-second gaps
between tracks. They're called sector boundary errors. They can be corrected
with a command line program called SHNTool, or with another program called
Trader's Little Helper. If you'll get a plug-in for your media player which
plays files gaplessly, like the gapless plug-in for Winamp, then you can
test whether the files actually are seamless when played back. However,
there still may be sector boundary errors in the .wav files, even if the
files play gaplessly in your media player. This is why you'll need to fix
them with the programs I listed above. If you're a Sound Forge user, then
you'll definitely need to fix these, since no current version of that
program cuts the files on their correct sector boundary. I've asked them to
fix this in future versions, so maybe they will. I hope this helps, and
sorry if it was a bit technical, but hopefully you can get what you desire.
If you've any more questions, just ask. Oh, and if you have files which
already have the gaps in them to begin with, then there are programs which
try to remove these, with varying degrees of success, like WavTrim.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew