Hello, if you use Sound Forge to extract audio from a cd, and you want the
existing track marks to be included within the file, you just check the box
in the extraction wizzard that comes up. I don't think it matters whether
you choose markers or regions. If you have .wav file data on your hard disc,
you can place markers at the desired track points with Sound Forge. You go
to the top of the file, hit m for the first marker, go to the bottom, hit m
for the end marker, and then go through the file, hitting m whenever you
want a new track mark. Then you convert these into regions, by hitting alt
s, r, and then m, and say yes to the prompt. Now you're not going to be able
to burn a gapless disc from here. You will have to extract the regions into
individual files and fix the sector boundaries. Sound Forge only has a track
at once burner built in, meaning it has the two-second gaps. They do have a
product called CD Architect, but I never figured that out, either by
inaccessibility or through program confusion. Once you get the files
correctly cut on sector boundaries, you'll want to make a lossless flac data
set, which involves another program, your flac encoder of choice. I know
this sounds overwhelming and complicated, but I've done this almost every
day for the past few months, and frequently over the past four years, while
collecting my ever-growing concert recordings. Once you get the hang of it,
it becomes very smooth.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew