Joel,

.wav files are large. But they're not THAT large. I'm sure you can fit, at least, an album or two's worth of tracks on a 2Gb player.

I guess it all depends on how much material you want to keep on the player, at any given time. and, as I suggested, if you do run into space problems, you can always convert the mono wav files back into mp3s. But, this time, since your source files is mono, so will your output file be. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Deutsch" <jdeut...@dslextreme.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Converting stereo .mp3s to mono

Dear Dana and Doc,

I'm a little confused. The advice of both of you involved converting an
existing .mp3 sound file to .wav format, and somehow or other making it
mono.

But aren't .WAV files huhge? Isn't that's what's on a commercial CD? Is this
any good for an .mp3 player like my Sansa, or will a few tunes fill up the 2
Gb capacity?
Isansomeone
----- Original Message ----- From: "DJ DOCTOR P" <djdoct...@att.net>