Virtual Audio Cable is indeed complicated to set up, even for a geek like me smiles. With Virtual Audio Streaming simply run the program, select the virtual card as the system's default playback, use a recording program and set that to the virtual card as the recording device, and record.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 13/04/2012 17:48, Brent Harding wrote:
Is this pretty much the same as Virtual Audio Cables? I know that
program can be confusing if you really had to run Skype into Station
playlist this way because of all those repeater windows in the alt tab
order, and they are all called audio repeater. I'm just trying to see
why one might want this program over that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth"
<christopher...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:41 AM
Subject: Virtual Audio Streaming

I found an interesting program/driver combination over on another
list. It is basically a virtual audio card. It allows you to basically
do what Stereo Mix could offer in XP, but perhaps more. This is
especially useful for Vista and later users, or XP users whose sound
card does not support Stereo Mix. Free trial with "trial" noise,
whatever that is, added as part of the evaluation's limitations,
available at www.virtualaudiostreaming.net. The program is called
Virtual Audio Streaming.
--

Christopher Hallsworth