I totally agree with you, but you can't buy it in Germany anymore and I don't know how to get by the encryptions because all I want is to rip my own DVDs to mp3s so that they are more accessible and I can listen to them on my mp3 player.

Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks, Alexandra
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Olesen" <br...@blindkom.dk>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: DVD Ripping Software Info Wanted

Hi,
Another aproach is to buy and install any dvd as most movies are encrypted nowadays.
Then an old baby like dvd shrink can do the actual ripping.
But as i've stated earlier it's much more efficient to not rip, but simply copy over the entire disk to your harddisk and play the contents from there, with a player of your favorit choice. Or if you want one single file for the disk use an image program, and create a full disk image. Physical hard drives are so inexpensive today that you probably can have your intire collection on one single 3 or 4 tb drive, and what's more importent with no loss of quality.

Any DVD HD can even do the whole ripping job for you, and at the same time remove the encryption.

Best regards
Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: Walter Ramage