Dane,

I agree, but I would think that he would already know if they had to disconnect
the cable box, but yes, we need more information.  I had to buy an HDMI to
Analog converter for about $30 US for mine so I
could use it through an older TV and that has worked all right.  If he has
analog inputs that may be an option.  The bottom line, though, is that we need
to know more about his setup as we have both already
said.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:12:16 +1100, Dane Trethowan wrote:

>Hi!

>I can't comment any further then I have already done on this thread but I'm
>wondering if the equipment Gary is using has limited HDMI connectivity, that
>is to say only 1 HDMI port for example, if this is the
case then that may cause problems given that you either have the Cable Box
connected or the Apple TV connected so perhaps that's what Gary' getting at
when he says he should have a choice of watching
Apple TV or Cable? So Gary yes please, give us more details and I'm sure we'll
be able to find a solution to the problem.