I appreciate the comments though, but I do feel that in time, besides calling others, we will be using our smart phones to control our televisions, and even our whole equipment. They're not just for calling people any more. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurence Taylor" <g7...@btopenworld.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: Question?

"Gary Wood" <k8...@att.net> wrote:

I'm planning to get a new TV.  Some people say that Samsung is good, but
Samsung makes Android smart phones.  I plan on getting an IPhone.  If
anybody has one, will the IPHone work with that TV" I question it, because
of the fact that Samsung makes an Android smart phone.

Maybe it's just me, but having a television that works with my
mobile phone, or vice versa, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I know modern stuff is made so everything will do the job of
everything else, and my washing machine will feed the cat if I
want it to, but since my TV lives in the front room and is used
when I want to sit down in the comfy chair and enjoy a good film
or whatever, and my phone lives in my coat pocket and is only
used for talking to people - and only turned on when I go out -
using the one to work the other seems of somewhat limited value.

Am I just strange?

To answer the question, for a new set I like Panasonic or perhaps
LG (Panasonic just has the edge on quality I think, particularly
with a larger screen).

My current set is an old Sony Profeel (Trinitron tube), and is
still giving excellent results after more than 30 years!

--
rgds
LAurence