For most stuff on the pc, mono is fine. The only time you really need stereo recordings these days is if you're out somewhere, and mostly people use stereo microphones with a digital recorder, or with the iPhone. The issue with that is sometimes VoiceOver is effected. But to give you a straight answer, anything from Plantronics is pretty decent for just recording your voice. Trust me it's a thousand times better than those damn apple ear pods. I wouldn't recommend anyone use those accept listen to music. The mic on those is, well, in polite terms, not good in the least.