Hi Robert,

See inline...

But http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-10#section-5.5.1
says..

Note that for an LSP to remain delegated to a PCE, the PCC MUST set
the Delegate flag to 1 on each LSP Status Report sent to the PCE.

So the D flag must be set on all PCRpts (including the solicited (first) PCRpt
and any other PCRpt message).

I am not sure what text in section 3.2 paragraph 4 is an issue?

> The third paragraph seems to be replacing the normal delegation
> mechanics with a PCInitiate-driven exchange. It does not specify
> whether it is legal for a PCE to send PCUpd(D=1) after a session flap
> or not. It feels like it is not legal and PCInitiate is intended to
> fully replace it, but that would contradict section 3.2 paragraph 4.
> This needs to be clarified.

I think some clarification is needed. The text says..

In case of PCEP session failure, control over PCE-initiated LSPs
reverts to the PCC at the expiration of the redelegation timeout.  To
obtain control of a PCE-initiated LSP, a PCE (either the original or
one of its backups) sends a PCInitiate message, including just the
SRP and LSP objects, and carrying the PLSP-ID of the LSP it wants to
take control of.

During state synchronization itself (full or incremental) the D flag could be
set while reporting the status of PCE-Initiated LSP (with C flag set) if
re-delegation is not done to another PCE. I feel the same behavior make sense
for PCC-Initiated LSP as well incase one wants to delegate to the same PCE
again after session down. It should not be mandatory to send PCInitiage message
in all cases.

Regards,
Dhruv