From: Pce <pce-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Dhruv Dhody <d...@dhruvdhody.com>
Sent: 16 May 2023 23:15

This email starts a 2-weeks working group last call for
draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-ip-20 [1].

<tp>
I had a look and decided that it is mostly beyond me - I am not up to speed
with all the 15 Normative References, in particular with RFC8821.  I would
prefer that this I-D provided a better bridge to the material in RFC8821.

I note that RFC8821 is an as yet unapproved downref which reinforces that view.

I note too that the Abstract references this and 8735 as anchors which
Abstracts must not do.

The I-D uses the word 'draft' in many places.  These must be changed.

The I-D has a large number of TBDnnn with no note requesting that they are
replaced;  I find these easy to miss.

p.9 2)
seems to end mid-sentence.

The English is not quite in several places and could be confusing.  Thus p.5
"Further only one
   of BPI, EPR, or PPA object MUST be present.  "
I can interpret in two ways although subsequent text makes one the preferred
one.

I suspect that there are many potential interactions with BGP, especially when
things are not going quite right, and that the I-D does not cover them all.
The language used is not that of BGP (e.g. Established, speaker).  The timing
too of BGP can be quite slow, in setup and in shutdown and I wonder how a PCC
copes with that.

As I say, largely beyond me but the English needs some attention;  using the
terminology of BGP would help.

Tom Petch

Please indicate your support or concern for this draft. If you are opposed to
the progression of the draft to RFC, please articulate your concern. If you
support it, please indicate that you have read the latest version and it is
ready for publication in your opinion. As always, review comments and nits are
most welcome.

The WG LC will end on Wednesday 31st May 2023. We will also notify the IDR WG
about this WGLC.

A general reminder to the WG to be more vocal during the last-call/adoption and
help us unclog our queues :)

Thanks,
Dhruv & Julien

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-ip/