From: Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>
Sent: 24 May 2023 15:47

Hi, Tom:

As I explained in previous mail, the procedure of PCEP described in this draft
and the establishment of underlying BGP sessions that initiated by the BPI
object that included in the PCInitiate message is asynchronous.
The PCC will report the successful information only after the specific BGP
session has been established. We think it’s unnecessary to expose the details
BGP FSM states to the PCE—-If there is no successful report from the PCC, the
PCE can consider the BGP session is still undergoing.

Does the above considerations solve your concerns? If necessary, we can
consider add some extra state reports from the PCC.

<tp>

Not really.  The BGP session setup will fail until the peer is configured so
how long does the PCE wait for that, how often does it retry, when does it give
up and declare a failure?  If one PCE is impatient, another leisurely, then we
may not have interoperability.  I would expect some guidance on this.

The I-D talks of RR with hundreds of clients which makes me wonder what else
might happen, such as a DoS attack.

Tom Petch

Aijun Wang
China Telecom