[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hey PCI'ers,
> 
> I need to find a source for information for RAM chips... I recently
> was given access to a BEVY of PC memory chips, but all I can tell is
> how many pins they have, and the configuration of the pins... which
> is not too DANG much!  ;-)

There's a program out there called GURU, by NewerTech, that will answer 
all your questions:

<http://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/FTP/newertech/GURU29Installer.hqx>

> 1st-can PC RAM work in Macs? I see some that says EDO, and it looks
> as if it fits in the RAM slots on PCI Macs, butthen I see some that
> is labled "PC100" and "SDRAM"; what is the deal w/ those?

Those will not work in PCI macs, other than Beige G3 ones. Your PCI macs 
take 5 V DIMMS. Nubis Macs take 64-pin SIMMS, iirc.

-- 
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona
College of Pharmacy
Information Technology Group

Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs




-- 
PCI-PowerMacs is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and...

 Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished Drives |
 -- Sonnet & PowerLogix Upgrades - start at $169   |  & CDRWs on Sale!  |

      Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>

PCI-PowerMacs list info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/pci-powermacs.shtml>
  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

Using a Mac? Free email & more at Applelinks! http://www.applelinks.com

Reply via email to