> I need to find a source for information for RAM chips... I recently was
given access to a BEVY of PC memory chips, but all I can tell is how many
pins they have, and the configuration of the pins... which is not too DANG
much!  ;-)

Go to LEM with your model number, and the description of each model tells
what RAM it needs.

> 1st-can PC RAM work in Macs? I see some that says EDO, and it looks as if
it fits in the RAM slots on PCI Macs, butthen I see some that is labled
"PC100" and "SDRAM"; what is the deal w/ those?

30pin SIMMs can go into a IIci Nubus Mac, or a Q950, for example;
72pin EDO or non-EDO SIMMs can go into a Nubus PowerMac (6100, 7100) and
some Nubus 68K (Q800);
PCI PowerMacs need 168pin 5V EDO or non-EDO (non-EDO, or FPM, only in a
7200) DIMMs, except for the ones that use 3.3V, like a StarMax clone.

> I am specificly looking for RAM that can work in either my PCI or Nubus
Macs.. but it some other Macs can use SDRAM or PC100 ram, let me know...
>
> Oh, I think most of these come from Pent-up-in-'em I and II's...
My Pentium I used 72pin, my Pentium II used 168pin PC100 SDRAM
>



-- 
PCI-PowerMacs is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/> and...

 Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished Drives |
 -- Sonnet & PowerLogix Upgrades - start at $169   |  & CDRWs on Sale!  |

      Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>

PCI-PowerMacs list info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/pci-powermacs.shtml>
  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

Using a Mac? Free email & more at Applelinks! http://www.applelinks.com

Reply via email to