Den 16. feb. 2006 kl. 00.37 skrev david_elmo:

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Udbj=F8rg?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
X isnt that crazy, in my opinion. But it does take a wee bit of =20
getting used to. It is admittedly very alien compared to 9.xx. Having =20=

Mac, has helped me a great deal on the way to being at home in both =20 worlds. I can now even give basic support (by SMS=85) to an acquintance =20=

who has just gotten a brand new iMac.

OK, how about supporting me now! :) OT I guess, and changed subject) since this prob is on a Quicksilver, but could not resist asking you

I have a partioned IDE drive with X on one and 9 on the other. Had a freeze this morning when in classic. Could do nothing but turn the machine off (which poor old X seems quite unable to handle well, I have had no end of trouble previously re this sort of thing). Using Disk Utility, I checked the X partition (the 9 one was fine) and it had :Invalid key length The volume OS X HD needs to be repaired." I started from a CD with disk utility on and tried to repair the said partition but it could not do it and displayed the same message.

What to do now? Wipe all and reinstall everything yet again? Buy yet more utility software?

When I was using 9, freezes (which were rare for me) did not have these disk corruption or file sys problems, at least not ones that could not be repaired with disk aid (which auto came up if you had not switched the machine off properly).

I am not very good at this low-level stuff, but OS9 apps are not good at fixing OSX stuff. OSX is Unix, and that means a gazillion tiny files that you dont see (X packs it all neatly up for you). I suppose you haved & use xPostfacto? Have you tried to restart in X? Me & my G3 (Gossamer) have not had these sort of problems, Does sound strange, admittedly. Maybe a post on the Un supported OSX list would help?

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal