>--
I wanted to note that I can't log in to Google Groups with my main browser
Netscape 7.02 under OS 9 at all, each time I try to enter my password I get a
watch cursor that will not go away.

Anyone else have any experiences with their browser one way or the other?
--
<<<>>>

try explorer or icab
and make icab pretend it is explorer,
gmail as I tried demands netscape 7.1 and that is os X only.
same with mozilla version
I can log into gmail but not change my personal settings - and it doesnt work to make
gmail pop to my eudora -
that is also all in os 9.

so maybe os X should be mandatory ?

eh...

I dont know yet what will happen with them new fancy google lists cause I havent tried it YET
but I wrote alexander that designs icab and this is his reply:

 >will it ever be possible to use gmail with icab ? and to do settings
aswell ??

In general gmail does work with iCab. But because google ignores almost all
web standards in their web services and uses badly written browser sniffers
to decide which proprietary browser feature it can use, it's a little bit
difficult to configure iCab in a way so that it can bypass the bad browser
sniffer code.

Also google changes the code of their web services from time to time so this
is another problem. Because when I find a way to bypass the bad browser
sniffer code and google changes their code afterwards, I may have to find
another way to bypass their browser sniffer code again. Hopefully the gmail
code will be more stable when it is out of "beta" state.

--
Alexander Clauss

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal