Here is a little freebie utility that will allow you to assign any
letter to any drive and retain them even if you add or remove another
drive.  I use it with my virtual cd drives.  (I use a utility that
copies the entire cd to the hard drive and then performs as if it were
in the standard cd drive).

http://www.32bit.com/software/listings/16903/

ETM wrote:
> 
> I have a Buslink installed with Win98SE.  However, I cannot keep
> the Buslink turned on when starting or shutting down the
> computer.  It works like a dream if I switch on power after the
> system is up and turn it off before shutting down the computer.
> I am using it primarily for backup and it always retains the same
> drive letter.
> 
> You might try keeping Buslink turned off when starting and
> shutting down your computer.  Good luck.
> 
> Elaine
> 
> Hello Tiffany318
> 
> On Saturday, March 02, 2002, you wrote
> 
> > I have a buslink portable usb drive attached to a usb hub,each time I turn it
> > on to access files windows shows it as a different drive.One day it will be
> > drive E ,the next day it will be drive G.The new hardware option pops up
> > everytime I reboot the computer,but it pops up as an imaging device.I have
> > followed the prompts and each time windows can't find the driver for it.I
> > have no idea what the new imaging device is.In device manager an unknown
> > device keeps showing up with a yellow exclamation mark,I have removed it from
> > the system many times because windows can't find the driver for it.This
> > happens even with the usb buslink portable drive turned off.I had a bigger
> > drive installed recently and more ram added,the tech installed windows se,I
> > originally had windows 98..could this be causing the problems?
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com


-- 
Keith Thompson, Worthington, OH (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Home Web Page: http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~kthompson/
Genealogy Web Page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~kthompson
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to