Hi Terry,

I found these two responses to a similar problem at
http://www.spinics.net/lists/epson
See if either of them help you.

I had this problem with my USB 1160s & it turned out to be a system-level
driver problem. Make sure you have the latest & correct chipset drivers for
your motherboard. Also, check for the latest Epson printer drivers on their
web site. Finally, I believe Epson has a "USB patch" on their site for
Win98. My problem then went away & has never returned. & one more thing - if
you are using an USB hub, use one that is powered.

---


I had this just the other day.  The ONLY fix that worked was to
completely remove the driver --including the Epson folders in the
registry-- and re-install the driver.

good luck, and be sure to let us know what happens
Marlene

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Terry L. Clark
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PCWorks: Epson 820 Misprints & Ejects Paper


At work we have an Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer which is mainly used for
printing envelopes.  However, it does put out great color pages when it's
working right.

Unfortunately, on color print jobs, it prints out 1/5th of the page, then
proceeds to eject blank sheets of paper until it runs out of paper and the
print job can be canceled.

I have tried reinstalling the software that came with the printer after
deleting all references to the software using Find and after going through
the Windows Registry and deleting all references to the software).  Cutting
off all power to the printer--yes, including disconnecting the printer
cable--is likewise to no avail.  Epson's website was of no help.  The
computer is an eMachines (sigh, the owner is cheap, I know) running Windows
XP.  Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance,

Terry


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 12/11/03
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to