I installed Ubuntu 7.04 on my second computer a week or so ago, and it was very impressive. The install was very fast after I figured out the dual-boot (With XP Pro) options. I elected to install on a second HD to keep things simple. I had to do a little research to get my mp3s to play, and the networking set up is still a little abstruse, but I think this OS is ready for most people right out of the box. I just installed the KDE desktop package, but haven't spent much time with it yet. If anyone wants a fast, modern, virus and adware free OS with thousands of free applications, it's worth looking into. I expect I'll get Vista one of these days, but my experience with the Beta suggests that Ubuntu will be a better OS for many people.

I'm switching to Ubuntu this weekend so I won't need AVG, Avast!, NOD32,
or any ad-ware scanners.

Also I never use IE, OE, MSN, Yahoo, MS office, or WMP. I leave those to
my clients.

I'm on the web a lot, not as much as 5 years ago but it still takes up a
lot of time.