On Sep 26, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

Hallo,

I should add, the next key step is to remove as many classes as
possible from the root namespace (i.e. compiled into Pd).

IMO this step should wait until we have the equivalent to Python's
"from pdcore import *" or C++'s "using namespace std"

In Pd-extended ("standard" is just an example name):

* "-lib standard" works

* [import standard] as long as its the first object in the patch.

Both are far from perfect, but both are quite functional right now and could easily be included in pd-MAIN. Plus I am almost done writing a libdir loader to work with Pd 0.40, which is a cleaner implementation.

.hc