Hey Damian,

The gluiph was just that, it ran Pd directly on a DSP:
http://www.nime.org/proceedings/2003/nime2003_180.pdf

Depending on your skills, it could be easier to run a über-stripped OS like I
did on the Palm Pilots, which ran Pd tho they had 32megs of RAM.  There wasn't
much more than the linux kernel, a super basic X11 server, and Pd.

.hc