There is a nice one included in pdmtl called gems.win.feedback

.hc

On Mar 31, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Derek Holzer wrote:

Thanks. I know that it is inherent in the system, but is there a way to control the "fuzziness" of each iteration, so that the image loses its alpha value but retains the sharpness of it's outlines?

D.

cyrille henry wrote:
Derek Holzer a écrit :
which objects could be used to make this framebuffer?
gemframebuffer.
here is the patch jack send recently on the list.
cyrille
d.

cyrille henry wrote:
this was the old way to do (but still working fine).
i think it can be faster to render in a framebuffer, and use this framebuffer as a texture to draw in a 2nd framebuffer.
and drawing back to the 1st.
etc.
there are also some example in the glsl section.
jack also send a simple exemple somwhere recently.

++

Derek Holzer a écrit :
Thanks much! [pix_snap2tex] is exactly the starting point I needed.

D.

cyrille henry wrote:
look at gem exemple 07.feedback in 07.texture directory
and also at "self similar" performance by Ben bogart (2004) :
http://www.ekran.org/ben/wp/?page_id=101

++

Derek Holzer a écrit :
The other night I watched a very nice lecture from Paul Prudence (dataisnature.com). He uses VVVV to make audio- responsive video feedback, where a single shape (a square) is recursively displayed, causing very complex structures to arise. The relevant parts of the lecture are here:

http://www.vimeo.com/2930699
http://www.vimeo.com/3003040

although I would encourage people to go through the whole thing (11 parts on Vimeo) if they have time + interest.

I'd at a loss to think of how something similar, i.e. the recursive feedback, could be done in GEM or PDP. Any suggestions?

best!
Derek

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista ::: http://www.vimeo.com/macumbista :::
---Oblique Strategy # 48:

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. - Thomas Jefferson