On Apr 8, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 12:32:07PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
Frank Barknecht wrote:

Personally I use sssad now, and it's used throughout the rj library as well. I think, its design is a bit easier to follow and maybe even cleaner. It doesn't include an actual object to save settings to a file, but that's by design: it also doesn't force you to use a specific object to save like Memento did with [pool]. You even can use sssad with pool, if you want. Or use it with
message-boxes or [textfile] or [netsend].

Oh, and [sssad] is Pd vanilla so it runs on every current distribution of Pd.

So its sounds like memento is no longer supported.

Why? I think, you've misinterpreted what I wrote: I only described what I currently use for new projects, and that's [sssad]. But I still have tons of old projects that use Memento and as long as the required externals are there,
it Just Works(tm).

I suspect the crash reported here is due to some externals issue. I've seen Memento crash, when the wrong [prepend] was used, that's why I removed all [prepend] from Memento a long time ago. Another reason for crashes has been a conflict that [pool] had with other flext-based externals (When I gdb-debugged this, I found crashes happen in xsample, which isn't even used in Memento.) But AFAIR, later versions of flext didn't show this crash anymore and recompiling
all flext-externals fixed it for me.

That was long ago. So all in all I think, Memento isn't causing crashes anymore
on its own.

Ah, ok, sounds like you are still supporting it then.

For the 0.43 release of Pd-extended I am planning on pulling out
non-supported libraries and making them standalone libraries. Should I
include memento?

That's up to you. Memento needs [pool], though.

I think that it doesn't make a lot of sense to include memento without including [pool]. So IMHO either someone gets pool included, or memento should be distributed separately along with pool.