I've forked Bill's fork so I can get the changes I've made to the X11
port (XCurses) made available.
The changes are:
- support for "proper" bold font. Note that the user CAN select what
font they want by adding entries to their ~/.Xresources file
- added the ability to build a shared library with ABI versioning
- ability to build XCurses from anywhere, not just in the PDCurses/x11
directory. I need this as I often build debug/wide etc versions for testing
- targets for building a Debian .deb and RedHat .rpm package
- build multiple architectures in a fat binary on MacOS X
- made PDC_set_function_key() available on all platforms, and
implemented shutdown capability on X11

My fork is at: https://github.com/rexx-org/PDCurses

I've created a Pull Request for Bill

Cheers, Mark

On 18/01/16 01:49, Bill Gray wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I've forked the version of PDCurses on Github,  and folded in the
> Win32a changes.  It's now at
>
> https://github.com/Bill-Gray/PDCurses
>
>    It is somewhat modified from the version on my Web site at
>
> http://www.projectpluto.com/win32a.htm
>
>    in that I've fixed up the X11 flavor of PDCurses to allow most of
> the things the Win32a fork does:  RGB colors,  triple mouse clicks,
> overlined and strikeout and dimmed text,  256 colors and 256 color
> pairs,  and fullwidth characters.  The X11 flavor now also recognizes
> most keys,  such as the "back" and "forward" and "refresh" and such
> special keys on some keyboards.  (Almost all my development these
> days is in Linux,  so the X11 flavor has become somewhat important
> to me.)
>
>    Ideally,  I'd also extend the X11 flavor to have "real" bold and
> italic fonts,  programmatic resizing,  "real" blinking text,  and the
> ability for the user to choose a font... no promises that I'll get
> quite that far,  though.
>
>    I've put in a pull request,  so this may eventually end up in
> "mainstream" PDCurses.
>
>    (And on a side note,  my thanks to Laura for the pointer to
> CDetect.  It looks like a generally useful tool... probably helpful
> with PDCurses,  but definitely useful for some of my own projects.
> Anatoly,  I don't know of any "attempt to define standard set for
> those #define's and their meaning across compilers",  and I could
> see some real problems in doing so.  Which is why I'd think a
> CDetect that can figure out what headers,  functions,  etc. are
> available on a given system ought to be quite useful.)
>
> -- Bill

* Mark Hessling, m...@rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org/