The PDF list is a service provided by PDFzone.com | http://www.pdfzone.com

Beginning with Acrobat 4, all fonts that permitted embedding (i.e.,
not TrueType/OpenType with fsType set for "no embedding") were
embeddable including the legendary "base 13 + Dingbats."

A PDF file that doesn't have the fonts it references embedded is
a disaster-in-waiting!

        - Dov

At 3/30/2004 07:02 AM, Rich Sprague wrote:

>Is it my foggy memory, or isn't this advice a major shift in theory from
>version 4? As I recall, at the time the theory was not to embed the system
>fonts in order to make a PDF smaller.
>
>I agree with both Dov and Leonard that one should always embed the fonts
>(which is the default in AB 5 and 6). But there were, and are, problems with
>Acrobat 4 and the system fonts.
>
>As I stated in my other post, the best bet is to upgrade AB and leave the
>font problems in the past.
>
>Rich

To change your subscription:
http://www.pdfzone.com/discussions/lists-pdf.html