Hi Hernán,

I look forward to seeing those. Have a great one as well!

Best regards,
Ed

From: Hernán De Angelis<mailto:variablestarli...@gmail.com>
Sent: 17 April 2022 19:44
To: Ed .<mailto:ej...@hotmail.com>
Cc: pdl-general@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:pdl-general@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Pdl-general] pdl.perl.org website updated

Hi Ed

Fine! I will then do as you suggest, fork first, then propose some small
changes as pull request.

Have a nice Easter sunday!

Hernán

Den sön 17 apr. 2022 20:25Ed . <ej...@hotmail.com<mailto:ej...@hotmail.com>>
skrev:
Hi Hernán,

Excellent questions! The “recent news” section is currently just HTML in
“home.html” as you say, manually added by people including, over the years,
Chris, Derek, and me. The reason for the non-version-dependent links is simply
that’s what was added.

The GitHub “releases” feature isn’t something PDL really uses, because people
get it either from a packaging system, or CPAN. It would probably be “nice” to
have it automatically updated (though the obvious “hook” would be a GitHub
Action triggered by a tag, as we currently use for Cygwin testing for each
release). But the first question to answer would be what would be the benefit
to justify the effort?

One vast benefit of switching to GitHub Pages for the website is that it’s easy
for anyone to fork the repo and pull-request an update – the previous setup
needed an admin to use rsync, which wasn’t very easy. It might make the most
sense to open an issue first to discuss any changes (or just email me), but if
there are website changes you feel are obvious and just want to go ahead,
please do! There is a tiny guide at
https://github.com/PDLPorters/pdl/wiki/Developer%27s-Corner#modifying-the-website.

Best regards,
Ed