>Well, not actually totally unusable, they would be the perfect mate for the
>ZX-30 and ZX-50.  They would also work well with the PZ-1p (how many of you
>PZ-1p users use the aperture ring on A and FA lenses instead of
>hypermodes?)  On other cameras like the ZX-5n, ZX-3, and ZX-M (ZX-7 and
>ZX-10 too?) - and older cameras like the Super Program you'd be stuck with
>Program and Tv modes only.  With the P3 series and A3000 they would be
>program mode only, which would really stink.  I hope Pentax doesn't do
>this, though I think there are KAF Tamron lenses without aperture rings...
>How much does tho aperture ring add to the cost of a lens anyway?
>
>Todd

My be a bad habit, I don't know. With my ZX-5n and FA 100/2.8 Macro, I
usually adjust the shutter speed to obtain the aperture I want. For some
reason it just seems easier that way (this is when shooting on the tripod).
I won't adjust the aperture ring unless I also want a shutter speed the
camera doesn't want.

Dan Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]