Hi, Bob.

> Does anyone know how it compares to the A 2X-S or L ? ...or the
> Vivitar 2X Fred mentioned?

I've never compared the Vivitar Macro-Focusing TC with the A 2X-L,
but I have shot it side-by-side (on an A* 300/4) with the A 2X-S and
the T6-2X, and I've found the three TC's to be quite similar in
quality.

> Vivitar seems to have made so many 2X TC's that I wouldn't know
> how to spot the ones you guys are raving about. <g>

Gee, I don't think it should be all that confusing, Bob.  If I
recall, amongst the Vivitar manual focus K-mount TC's I think there
are really only two models:

1.  The "regular" 2X model.  (I think its marked as "2X-22", with
the "22" referring to its K-mount.)  (I think it's a 4-element
design.)

2.  The "2X Macro-Focusing" TC.  (This is is a 7-element design).

Does anyone know of any other Vivitar manual focus K-mount TC's?

Fred