On 1 Jan 2003 at 13:52, David Chang-Sang wrote:

> Comparing the Contax glass to Leica glass.. some Leica-philes will call me a
> blasphemer but I didn't note any big difference that warranted the extra price
> for the Leica glass.  This was a comparison (non-scientific mind you) between
> the 50mm f2 Summicron (latest version with extended lens hood) and the Contax
> 45mm f2.

Having owned both systems I'd say that the significant advantage of the Leica M
over the G system is that you can actually focus the lenses. The G2 is hit and
miss, it's very difficult to maintain consistent results using the G lenses
wide open, nice glass though.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA