[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> No need to leave K mount lenses to get good quality at a reasonable price.
> The K 28mm f3.5 has legendary sharpness for under $75.  The M 50 f1.4 can be
> had for a similar price or less if you are patient.  (Marco 50mm f4 versions
> are more rare and more expensive).  The good screwmounts are often the same
> lenses (SMCT 28/3.5 & SMCT50/1.4), but going for about 1/2 the price.  I'd be
> patient and watch for a bargain or two in K-mount... it's just easier!
> Regards,  Bob S.

That's good to know, and I'll keep it in mind.  But for me, 1/2 the price
matters!  But I did just buy a Zenit-ET on eBay, with M42 screw mount, for
$20.  From what I've seen, it can be thought of as a Russian Spotmatic.
That plus shipping isn't so much more than a converter plus shipping.  So
now it's not really an issue, unless something goes horribly wrong with
the transaction (like I just didn't understand what I was buying).

On the subject, are there other high quality but cheap screw mount lenses,
maybe not as well known as the Pentax SMC Takumar?  Carl Zeiss or
something?  Anyone have experience with non-Pentax screw mounts?  (I
suppose this is getting dangerously close to being no longer on topic...)