DUH! You would wind up doing exactly what you don't want for Pentax! (Not being able to use old lenses on new bodies.) The deal with Nikon is that you can get a full sized/cost body like the F100 and use all the new AF and AI MF lenses. Get a new compact AF body (N80) and only be able to really use AF lenses (newest ones supported). Older AF body and be able to use AI, MF lenses, but not all new AF lenses.
You better know exactly what lenses you want to use if you start looking at the big N.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sigh, this whole thing has caused me to eye up a Nikon N80 for sale that I
know of....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr