On Friday, Mar 14, 2003, at 06:07 US/Pacific, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Apparently this is a
real problem that costs Pentax dealers and service departments a lot of
time (ie, money) because of cameras brought in for warranty repair when
there's nothing wrong with them.

Perhaps the user manuals could be made clearer.... :-)

Whether or not that would help is very debatable, however. I used to work in computer support, and mark my word, the ability for users to ignore instructions (even instructions stated multiple times) knows no bound.

Seriously, this is probably a big point in favor of the C---- and M------ strategy of completely burning bridges to older lens technologies. (And as someone who bought a Pentax because of their commitment to lens compatibility, it pains me to say that. If only it were the case that fools themselves were the only ones hurt by their folly.)

--
David Barts
Portland, OR