From: Caveman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:27:20 -0500

Pentax insisted that the *ist is "entry-level" (much to Paal's pleasure). We also know that the D version has full compatibility. I can see that there's place for a *ist S, with glass pentaprism, full lens compatibility and maybe some other minor mods. It would be the next MZ-5n.

We have the answer when we look at the *ist D. *Why*, oh tell me why, does it looks like a filmbased SLR? It's a digital, so it doesn't have to look as a film-SLR.

Could it be because it's based upon a filmbased SLR? Could it be possible that Pentax took an existing design and re-made it for digital?
So, if this design exist - what is this then? The replacement for the MZ-5n and MZ-3. The design for the *ist D is the evidence.

But I don't think that it will be called *ist S. I believe more in *ist L, because the MZ-6 is called MZ-L in Japan, and the MZ-S has the S. So, 'L' fits logically between 'S' and plain *ist.

*ist - *ist L - *ist S

I like that. :-)

Speaking of names, I'm surprised that no one has commented upon the fact that the *ist is *ist everywhere, all over the globe. It's not
+ist, or /ist or even ~ist, not to mention 'ist. It's simply *ist. In Europe, Japan and in the U.S.

Best wishes,
Roland

_________________________________________________________________ Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/