Hi!

All I can say is that you probably made a right choice. I am not sure
about Canon since I think I never actually held any Canon SLR camera
for more than one minute. But your reasons for abandoning Pentax seem
pretty sound. That's exactly the point that seems to be worth
repeating over and over. Once one's equipment cannot satisfy one's
technical demands, and once the hit rate, so to say, becomes
forbiddingly low, one should make a global change.

As for the discussion about *ist*. I think it is indeed a little too
early to arrive to any conclusion. Though the number of crippled mount
cameras grows dangerously. And now the new lenses.

I hope no one would add me to their kill file if I were to say that in
time, say several years, if and when I become a better photographer
than I am now, I may repeat your reasoning... Or may by that time
Pentax will simply grow enough to buy Canon so that we again would be
on the same side of the fence <bg>.

I wish you all the best with your new endeavor.

---
Boris Liberman
([EMAIL PROTECTED])