Doug Franklin wrote

Uhhh.  There weren't no .386 stuff when PCs or DOS was invented.  The
iAPX386 chip didn't come out until several years later.  PCs used the
8088 chip which was an 8-bit external bus version of the 8086, which
had a 16-bit external bus.  Both had 16-bit internal busses.

I rest my case: Mr. Franklin is a perfect candidate for a PC. The rest of us should be on Macs; far less aggravation. And I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact details of crashes that happened five years ago.

And historically, I guess, computers didn't really become common until Dos 2.0 and later. And, BTW, the original PC was a MAC (Apple).

C.