graywolf wrote:

> Much of the reason for Apples software stability is the Apple
> philosophy, "We support Apple hardware only". Where other brands of
> computers may have almost any hardware from any manufacture in it Apple
> only has to support Apple hardware that simplifies the task immensely.

Damn. And on my G4 Apple, I'm using an Epson scanner, an Epson printer,
an ACOM firewire drive, a couple of IBM SCSI drives, and four PCI cards
from several manufacturers. Now you tell me that Apple doesn't support
anything but Apple hardware? Maybe I'm just lucky, because all of my
gear runs flawlessly.