On 6 Oct 2003 at 19:25, William Robb wrote:

> How so Rob? How many of your K and M lenses did you buy brand new from an
> authorized distributor?
> I have somewhat over a dozen of the things myself, every one proudly bought used
> for cheap. They don't owe me anything.

Well they've sold lenses to date (until the J series) that featured a working
aperture ring and now they are saying if you want to go digital sorry it don't
work any more. Why cripple operation of the aperture via the aperture ring?

I've read all the arguments about the virtues of aperture control from the
body, I'm sure it suites many people but it doesn't suite me and all in all it
really appears more to be a ploy encourage the purchase of new glass.

I'm just very surprised that they've taken this path, I know it's old news but
hey it still baffles me. The banter of the P apologists rubbing salt in the
wound doesn't help the matter either.

No one owes anyone anything, a little respect for their customers might go a
long way though. Over the years I've introduced a lot old and new photographers
to Pentax, no more. I wouldn't suggest that anyone looking at a system camera
be it film or digital should look anywhere but Canon.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998