On 7 Oct 2003 at 23:03, Rob Brigham wrote:

> Funny thing is, I moaned about not having body control on the MZ-S - but
> I adjusted.  Now I have to adjust back and have not found the transition
> quite as easy in this direction.  No problem though, I will cope - but
> then I am lucky I don't have any lenses which will be a problem.  What I
> am slightly annoyed about is the lack of consistency.  I have to switch
> mentally when I go from one body to another.  As I said, I will copy,
> but I really liked the idea of having a twin film/digital interface so
> that my work was identical on whichever body.  This was part of why I
> bought an MZ-S because I thought I was gonna get its twin when I went
> digital.  Still lament that one slightly.

Well said. I don't have any lenses which will be a "problem" either but hell
I'd like to be able to use their bloody aperture rings. I bought my MZ-S for
the same reasons as yourself and now all I see is total inconsistency from
Pentax regarding operation, compatibility, delivery, body design and yes even
lens/body finish and colour. What I can't understand is how people here seem to
view these moves as positive advancement?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998