> Yeah, this is my problem. I bemoaned the lack of aperture control on the
> body with the MZ-S because I liked using the TV wheel on the PZ-1p to
> set the aperture. It's a real pain having to change the lens setting
> when switching a lens from a PZ-1p (or *ist/*ist-D) to an MZ-S or MX,
> for example.

Fortunately for me I shoot mostly in shutter priority, so that's less of
a problem for me when switching between the PZ-1p & MZ-S.  Actually I
find the MZ-S to be a very strange beast.  It has some wonderful ergonomic
features (the slanted top makes checking the settings very easy, and the
choice of rotational direction on the control wheel is great), but it
has this strange control dial which just doesn't seem easy to operate;
it doesn't spin easily enough for it to be used while I'm looking
through the viewfinder.  The camera had too many good features (metal
chassis; improved AF; vertical shutter release on grip) for me to pass
it by, but I'd still rather have had a PZ-2 :-)  And, of course, the
MZ-S would have been the perfect companion to an MZ-D.  Oh, well ...

I should find out how much I like the *ist-D fairly soon now; Adorama
tell me that they expect to ship it out tomorrow.  I can hardly wait.

In the meantime: what will the next digital body offer us?  Will we
see a full-frame sensor? (I doubt it).  I doubt we'll see a mechanical
aperture sensor, either.  Perhaps Pentax will release a digital body
akin to the MZ-M; no auto-focus, just a basic digital KA2-mount body.
But I expect pretty much everything else from now on to be fly-by-wire.
I'd like to see a body woth support for USM and/or IS lenses, too.